Background

Monday, November 1, 2010

Monsters


Can you guess which mask I wore today? =)
Today was insane!!! Nevermind my previous post where I asked if you'd ever been around kids days before Halloween. Have you ever been around kids the day after Halloween?
It was not a pretty day in 1st grade today. Most of the kids were normal, it was those few that made me think I somehow turned into the wicked witch. Between kids complaining about how tired they were and seeing them all cracked out on candy...I should've called in sick today. Note to self: in the future if Halloween falls on Sunday take the Monday off! Kids were moving their names left and right and handing over pennies this way and that. Although the icing on my day was when I spoke with a mom about how off the charts out of control her kid was...and how I was attributing it to Halloween but still not an excuse to do what he did all day. Her response to me was "I have a special Halloween tradition...I let them eat as much candy as they want". This was also after she expressed that teachers shouldn't have to work the day after Halloween. Um...Hello! How about not sending your kid to school if you've let him eat his weight in candy. Thanks!


Let's all pray that tomorrow is significantly better!

No comments:

Post a Comment