Background

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Husbands and Scanners

So at my mom's urging the hubs and I went to Target to start our baby registry. Since we don't know what we're having yet we only added the basics...crib, bassinet and one or two other items. I'll be heading back to Baby's-R-Us on my next day off from school. And once we find out what we're having, you can bet there will be a ton more. Robert was in charge of the scanner for this outing and it must be a boy thing to go around and scan everything...he added 3 breast pumps, a CD, a bear hat and a Leapster. It was comical at best but next time I'm in charge for sure! Thinking about everything we're going to need is slightly overwhelming. I'm only talking about basics here...like a car seat, stroller, bouncy chair, swing, pacifiers, bottles, and that's only to name a few things. Not to mention our baby's room is currently my 2nd classroom. My plan is to start cleaning it out over Christmas break.



Even though I'm completely stressed and am slowly crossing over that "I'm officially CRAZY and HORMONAL line", I'm very excited to start decorating the baby's room. Our theme is going to be owls. Those of you who know me, know I'm OBSESSED with all things ladybug. But I'm also equally obsessed with owls...when they're cartoony looking. And I figure they can go either way..girly or boy. I have this whole idea in my head about a mural I would like the hubs to paint on the wall...he's not as excited as about it but I'm sure I can talk him into it. =) I've bought fabric to make the baby a quilt. No, I do not sew nor do I know how to work a sewing machine currently but in the next 6 months I plan to. =) I feel it's a mothery thing to do. We'll see....

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad you guys finally got out there and did the scanning. We can do more when we go to Tucson on your next day off. Must keep hubs-in-law away from scanning guns. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, glad you have a blog!! I love them, and they are such a good way to keep track of things that go on in life. Especially with the little one on the way! I posted pics of my belly the whole way through...it was fun to see how it changed :) I hope pregnancy is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete