Background

Thursday, November 18, 2010

the size of an onion

Apparently at 17 weeks the baby is the size of an onion.


Today we had our 3rd baby appointment. I'm 17 weeks and things are good. We got to hear the heartbeat again...well I did. It was the first time Robert got to hear it. I got to hear it twice. I got to the appointment first and didn't have to wait very long at all...the last two times it was about a 30-45 minute wait. This time I got there peed in a cup and waited about 5 minutes. Anyway...the nurse listened to the heartbeat first thing and I asked her if she could do it again when Robert came and she did. During the 1st one the baby was kicking. I have no idea...it sounded like scratches to me. Thank goodness these nurses know what they're doing. Then the 2nd time it took her a minute to find the heartbeat again but then it got louder and louder. Such a good baby already. Then the doctor came in and talked to me about the test they do to see how at risk the baby is for having Downs Syndrome, Spina Bifida or chromosomal abnormalities. It freaks me out beyond belief, but I think I'll get it done..tomorrow since it has to be done in a 24 hour period. And he also measured my belly.


On December 15th we get to find out what this baby is. I'm bummed because I thought we'd be able to find out like next week or the week after. The nurse said we'd be able to find out a lot sooner than 4 weeks later but whatev. Robert said it's better because the baby will be bigger and they'll definitely be able to tell what it is. We'll see.


Anyway...I guess it's time I started documenting this especially since I've got a bump now. So here you go...here I am at 17 weeks and 1 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment