Saturday, February 26, 2011
I feel like we still have so much to do to get ready. His room is done but we still have to set up the bassinet and put the car seat base in the car (which if you recall from one of my other blogs is going to be a whole other set of antics). I have washed all of his bedding and towels but I still need to wash his clothes for the 0-3 month range. We still need a baby monitor set, a diaper pail, more diapers, a diaper bag...oh and someone who will tell us exactly what to do every minute of every day.
But despite being nervous and anxious I can't wait to meet him. I can't wait to hold him and breathe in that new baby smell (which I've been told is so fantastic). I can't wait to dress him in all of his cute baby clothes. I can't wait to take him to church for the first time and introduce him. I can't wait to laugh uncontrollably as the hubs and I try to get his car seat in and out of the car for the first few times. I'm even excited about waking up to his cry (but I'm sure if you were to ask me if I'm excited about it 2 months after he's here, I'll have a different answer). I can't wait for our other "kids" to meet him. I think Lady will become his protector and sleep by his crib like she sleeps by my side of the bed and follows me from room to room. I think Apollo will be his playmate and try to steal his toys especially if they come in a ball shape. I can't wait to see Robert hold his baby boy. I can't wait to become a three person family and have our worlds revolve around his every sound and movement.
60 days seems like a lifetime but I know that it will go very fast. And in 1,440 hours we will have our baby boy with us.
Monday, February 21, 2011
My special chair.
The owl cupcakes my mom worked so hard to make. Robert and I helped with the ears as she was about to flip out on them. =)
My mom also made a bunch of these owls out of Styrofoam balls and felt fabric. So cute and now I'm going to turn them into a hanging mobile.
The goody bags my mother in law put together.
She also put together these as well as bottles full of chocolate kisses.
We managed one picture (on my camera) of us playing one of the three games. Here's my mom measuring my belly.
All in all it was a super fun day. Sorry there are no pictures of me opening the tons of presents we got...those are someone else's camera. Thank you so much to my mom and Ann. You both helped to make it such a special day!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
The carpet guy was here at 8:30 Friday morning and gone by 10:30. He was amazingly fast and I love the new carpet. It's so soft and clean! Once the carpet was installed it was back to moving the furniture back into rooms and setting up Jameson's room (because my baby shower was today) which I was so excited for! Those guys worked for hours moving and lifting ALL of our furniture and the moms came too. They helped move boxes and then my mom stayed till about 7:00 cleaning the house for the baby shower. I finally fell into bed at 10:30 after scrubbing the kitchen floor and running the steam mop.
I love Jameson's room. The murals came out so cute and with the furniture and new carpet it looks like a real room finally! We have a few finishing touches to add in terms of decorations. I want to add shelves on the wall so I can put his books up there, along with his name sign and the owl clock my brother got for him. We need to touch up the baseboards since the paint got mangled during the carpet installation and we also need to buy a window shade but as far as big things go...his room is done!
The main tree done!
Our little family plus a ladybug.
The growing tree.
Jameson's room from the door.
His super sweet swing that was a baby shower present from the hubs' grandparents.
Because daddy rides. =)
The changing table. Now there are baskets on the bottom 2 shelves.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
The main tree on the main wall. It's hard to see the outline but it's there.
Our family of owls. There's a ladybug on the branch too.
The hubby's owl.
The main tree with branch detail being added. I told you it was there. =)
Here's Jameson's growing tree. Were going to measure him against the tree every month.
Here's the growing tree wrapping around the wall by the door with the cardinal.
The main tree with leaves and detail being added.
The main tree again with more of the detail and my ladybug. =)
Now all we need to do is paint the animals. The hubby finished outlining the leaves and trees. But my battery died and I was too lazy to get a new one. So those will be in the next post.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
A band was playing on the street...they were out there pretty much the whole time we were there.
The horse drawn buggy. I love these horses.
Inside the OK Corral before the show. We tried to take our own picture in one of the old buggy. Please excuse my chubbed out face.
A man walking by took pity on us and offered to take our picture. Too bad he didn't twist my lens to zoom us in a bit more but I guess beggars can't be choosers.
The show arena. There were 300 people there to see the 2:00 show. We were sitting like sardines.
After the show the hubs tried to rope a bull. We decided he'd better stick with his day job.
Monday, February 7, 2011
The letters for his name. I had to go to both Michael's to find all of the letters.
The first pattern and color option. Sorry I thought I had the flash on for this.
The color and patterns I ended up choosing that the hubs wasn't so sure about.
The letters covered.
His name with the little decorations.
Now all I need to do is mount his name on a piece of wood painted white and then have the hubs hang it in the room.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
1. I plan out my outfits for the week Sunday nights when I'm in bed trying to fall asleep. Most people are probably thinking about what they need to accomplish the next morning when they get into work...not me. I'm figuring out what I want to wear and on which day I want to wear it.
2. When I eat Lucky Charms I always eat the non-marshmallow things first and then I put the marshmallows into their homogeneous groups and proceed to eat them one group at a time.
3. If I'm bored with a book that I'm reading I always read the last few pages just to see how it ends. Sometimes I do this is even if I'm into the book. I also fast forward through boring parts of a movie.
4. I am obsessed with anything Ladybug. I became obsessed with ladybugs when I created an entire thematic unit around them for one of my Ed. classes in college. I'm also obsessed with cartoony owls and am currently decorating Jameson's room with owl decor.
5. I talk to myself...a lot. Don't judge me.
6. I have a very eclectic taste in music...my Ipod has everything from 80's to country to pop to indie to some songs that have rap thrown into the middle. I always rap along with those songs.
7. I hate loose teeth. It literally makes my mouth hurt when a kiddo comes up to me to show me their loose tooth. I often ask them to "Please put their tooth and tongue back in their mouth and come find me when it falls out."
8. I would much rather text you then talk to you on the phone. I hate talking on the phone.
9. When I'm nervous I talk extremely fast often forgetting to breath. I find that I internally have to tell myself to slow down and breathe or I'm going to start to hyperventilate.
10. I'm a hypochondriac. I think I'm going to die no matter what the ailment may be.
11. I go to movies early solely for the previews. It's the best part of the movie.
12. I hate walking with or behind someone who is a slow walker. My husband is a slow walker. I'm often walking ahead of him holding his hand and dragging him like he's 3 years old. I have to remind myself to slow down when we're walking together.
13. I can't sleep unless I'm under a sheet, a comforter and then another blanket with the fan on turbo speed. I also hate going to bed with socks on. I wake up in the middle of night angry because of that feeling of a sock half way off my foot.
14. In college my original major was Psychology. I loved taking Abnormal Psychology. I find mental disorders and what causes psychotic breaks fascinating. I wanted to work as a Psychiatrist in a prison for the criminally insane. A part of me still does. I also love watching all those crime shows although I'm secretly afraid that I'll die like one of those scenarios.
15. I hate getting rid of stuffed animals. It gives me that feeling of sadness that I'm choosing to keep this one over that one.
16. I'm still afraid of the dark. When I'm home alone all of the lights are on in the house.
Well now that I've shared some of my quirks...feel free to leave me a comment with one of your quirks.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
I have a picture of the electric blanket but my camera scrambled it and I don't want to go back outside. =)