Background

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So Obvious...


well maybe not exactly but it's official...I'm definitely sporting a bump although right now it's more of a pooch than a bump but still. I wore my black gap jeans today and let's just say they're officially out of the wardrobe rotation. My kiddos expressed with great delight today that "the baby is getting bigger, Mrs. Faust". I silently thanked them for remembering not to call me fat and said "Yup, isn't that great" although I was also thinking WHAT?!




I know, I know this is supposed to happen but really...I'm only 15 weeks along. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this latest development. Although, maybe I'll stop focusing on other..ahem..areas that have also been growing at what seems like an exponential rate.


I have to be honest...sometimes I'm very excited about having a baby and then other times I'm very nervous when I think about it. Are we ready to be parents...are we going to be good parents...are we completely insane? I mean sure we have 4 pets and they're all alive and thriving (although some days it's touch and go with the turtle). My house is always a mess, I hate doing most chores and I really like to sleep. I have no clue what we're going to do with the baby when I have to go back to work (which brings on a whole new set of anxiety issues). I may be a slight hypochondriac and a little neurotic. I worry about things that are probably more than a little silly and would probably never happen. I guess nobody is really ready to be a parent and everyone does best they can... but it's still very stressful. I just don't want to screw this kid up.


Anyway...back to the real reason for this post. I was so hoping to wait until at least Christmas before I had to start buying maternity pants. I even googled how to buy maternity pants because I have no idea. Seriously...
The picture at the top is supposed to be a pregnant lady's best friend. Guess it's true what they say about best friends...they're there to lend support.


3 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Jayme :) I know exactly how you feel. So many emotions and questions...All I will say is you'll figure it out! Everything will fall into place exactly as it should and you will be a great mom! If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask, even about maternity pants...you will LOVE them!! Especially for Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgan!! How is your sweet Kayla? Her pictures are so cute...she's one adorable girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is fantastic...we just love her to pieces. She is getting big FAST!! Being a mom is the best :)

    ReplyDelete