Background

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

moving around

I can't believe my week is over. Yes, I know it's only Tuesday but in teacher speak...the week of Thanksgiving is crazy especially when you decide to do a program with 50 1st graders and a feast. I'm so glad the district decided to give us a "Fall Break" tomorrow I know I'm sleeping in!

The program went really well and the kiddos definitely loved Mrs. Faust dressed as a Pilgrim. I didn't get any pictures of it but you can imagine...long black dress, white apron, white neck thingy and white hat. I was so proud of my kiddos though. We've been working very hard for the past two week to learn our songs to include sign language for What a Wonderful World, and a small skit. I also had a colleague decide she wanted to do it too. So coordinating 50 1st graders was definitely a feat in its own right but nonetheless, after a rough dress rehearsal yesterday they pulled it together and did a great job today! Our feast also went pretty well. This is the 2nd year I've decided to do it and I stressed the day before last year and yesterday as well. Cooking...well preparing food with 26 1st graders is not easy plus lugging it all home to cook sucks! I worried that I wouldn't have enough food for the parents but turns out there was nothing to worry about. I swore last year I wasn't going to do a big feast again and this I'm swearing that I won't do it again next year but it's fun despite the amount of work and stress that is involved. It's also totally worth it when you're kiddos tell you it's been the best day of their lives.

But in even more exciting news...I think I felt the baby move! It happened on Sunday at my parents house. I was half laying and half sitting in their recliner and I felt this kicking sensation on the right side of my stomach twice. I wasn't sure at first but when I telling Robbie in the car on the way home, he asked if I'd ever felt it before and no I haven't...so yay there is a person in there. =) I keep hoping it'll happen again but no so luck as of yet.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for movement!! Btw, Kayla's cheeks are my favorite too..they just BEG for kisses all day long :)

    ReplyDelete