Background

Saturday, February 26, 2011

60 Days

According to my baby count down I have 60 more days till Jameson is here. Or I have 8.5 weeks left. Or 1,440 hours left. Either way...it freaks me out!!! I'm starting to get very nervous because in 60 days, or 8.5 weeks or 1,440 our lives are going to change forever. We will no longer be just a family of two. We will no longer be just hubs and wife. We will no longer be just Jayme and Robert. We will instead be Jayme, Robert and Jameson. Hubs, wife and mommy and daddy. And a family of 3.

I feel like we still have so much to do to get ready. His room is done but we still have to set up the bassinet and put the car seat base in the car (which if you recall from one of my other blogs is going to be a whole other set of antics). I have washed all of his bedding and towels but I still need to wash his clothes for the 0-3 month range. We still need a baby monitor set, a diaper pail, more diapers, a diaper bag...oh and someone who will tell us exactly what to do every minute of every day.

But despite being nervous and anxious I can't wait to meet him. I can't wait to hold him and breathe in that new baby smell (which I've been told is so fantastic). I can't wait to dress him in all of his cute baby clothes. I can't wait to take him to church for the first time and introduce him. I can't wait to laugh uncontrollably as the hubs and I try to get his car seat in and out of the car for the first few times. I'm even excited about waking up to his cry (but I'm sure if you were to ask me if I'm excited about it 2 months after he's here, I'll have a different answer). I can't wait for our other "kids" to meet him. I think Lady will become his protector and sleep by his crib like she sleeps by my side of the bed and follows me from room to room. I think Apollo will be his playmate and try to steal his toys especially if they come in a ball shape. I can't wait to see Robert hold his baby boy. I can't wait to become a three person family and have our worlds revolve around his every sound and movement.

60 days seems like a lifetime but I know that it will go very fast. And in 1,440 hours we will have our baby boy with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment