Background

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baby Room Pt. 2

In continuation of our quest to get Jameson's room finished we tackled the mural today. Last Saturday when I was in Tucson, the hubs drew the murals on two of the walls in Jameson's room. He used pictures I gave him for an idea of what I wanted and free handed it. That part came out so good! We decided it might be better to paint it in parts instead of doing the whole thing at once. We thought we'd start with the trees first and then do the ladybugs and cardinal and finish up with our owl family. So far it looks super good! I was even entrusted with the majority of the painting. I can't wait to paint the owl family, ladybugs and cardinal.

The main tree on the main wall. It's hard to see the outline but it's there.



Our family of owls. There's a ladybug on the branch too.

The hubby's owl.


Jameson's owl.


My owl.


The main tree with branch detail being added. I told you it was there. =)


Here's Jameson's growing tree. Were going to measure him against the tree every month.

Here's the growing tree wrapping around the wall by the door with the cardinal.


The main tree with leaves and detail being added.


The main tree again with more of the detail and my ladybug. =)

Now all we need to do is paint the animals. The hubby finished outlining the leaves and trees. But my battery died and I was too lazy to get a new one. So those will be in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment