Background

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Date Day

Lately our lives have consisted of work, work, school, work, baby stuff and work. The hubs and I haven't really spent a lot of quality time together the past few weeks sans a couple of date nights...but we're both so exhausted from the week by the time our usual date night rolls around that it's usually just a dinner somewhere then we're back home on the couch or in bed watching TV (hubs) or reading (me). So we decided last weekend when our date day plans were kabashed due to the insanely cold weather that left half of our city without gas or heat that we were going to do something this weekend. So today we hit the road and headed to Tombstone. The last time we were there was when we adopted our 1st baby, Lady, from the animal shelter. Well, we decided to leave our 4-legged friends at home and just enjoy the day by ourselves, although we did a very cute basset hound. We got lunch, walked around the main strip, ventured into stores where I was treated to not one but two pairs of turquoise earrings. And we even caught a show at the OK Corral. If I wasn't allergic to horses we probably would've taken one of those horse drawn buggy rides around historic Tombstone but what are you gonna do?

It was so nice to just get away and enjoy the day together. We rarely do that. Yes, we go to Tucson but it's usually because I need something from the teacher store and as of late it's because we needed to finish our baby registry. And the hubs hates driving all the way to Tucson and then around Tucson so when he goes I know it's because he doesn't want me to go by myself for the umpteenth time. And the hubs really just enjoys staying at home. I can't say I blame him...he works super hard during the week at his job and he's also back in school to get his degree which takes him away 3 nights a week not to mention the homework he's got to do or the fact that we're desperately trying to finish up Jameson's room. So I can't say I blame him for just wanting to stay home and lay around the house but I on the other hand like to get out and do stuff and he secretly enjoys getting out and spending the day together too. So it's my mission to make that happen more often and thank goodness for parents who live in town who are willing to babysit for us occasionally.


Anyway back to the town "Too Tough to Die".

A band was playing on the street...they were out there pretty much the whole time we were there.


The horse drawn buggy. I love these horses.


Inside the OK Corral before the show. We tried to take our own picture in one of the old buggy. Please excuse my chubbed out face.




A man walking by took pity on us and offered to take our picture. Too bad he didn't twist my lens to zoom us in a bit more but I guess beggars can't be choosers.


The show arena. There were 300 people there to see the 2:00 show. We were sitting like sardines.

After the show the hubs tried to rope a bull. We decided he'd better stick with his day job.


I promised the hubs a cold Sasparilla after the show he decided to take a picture of me eating. This was before my cone broke and I got strawberry ice cream all over my sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment