Background

Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Projects

I'm not an artistic person by any means. I never learned to play an instrument. I can't draw to save my life, although I think my stick figure people are the cutest around. I can't sing which is ironic as I was in Choir in Middle School, but I can't carry a tune in a bucket. The hubs once told me I sound like a mouse when I sing in church but I think he was just mad that I told him he sounded like a bull frog. But nonetheless I am not an artistic person. I don't "understand" a lot of paintings I've seen in museums. I don't appreciate the lines of a building and I can't handle Photoshop. I just think creative ideas and then attempt to execute them or have my artist of hubby execute them. He's the one who drew the mural on the walls of Jameson's room. Side note: I'm waiting for good day light to take pictures since it's drawn in pencil.



Anyway, I've been obsessed with the wooden letters people hang in their baby's room since before we started trying to have a baby. I've pretty much been planning the decor of our nursery since we got married. Maybe I'm just a weirdo or just being a girl, I don't know. Anyway, instead of shelling out the dinero for someone to make the letters all fancy like, I decided to just to do it myself. I bought the letters Saturday along with the paper I wanted to use to cover them and the little decorations. It took me two hours Saturday night to pick out the paper options. I went through several choices which included a lot of different pattern choices and colors. I finally narrowed the pattern choice down to polka-dots. I know, not very manly or boyish but I figured if I could pick out "boy" colors it wouldn't be so bad. It was getting pretty late and I was starting to venture down that deliriously tired road so the hubs made me pack it in and go to bed. I finally sat down tonight and executed my vision. The hubs wasn't so sure of my paper choices when he saw the letters laid out on them but I think it turned out really cute...he agreed when I sent him a picture text with the letters covered in the paper. He should just go with it from the get go. He's never sure about my color choices until the project is finished. So far I've been successful with all color options and choices for this house. I would like to become an interior decorator. But that's another post for another time, back to the reason for this post.

Jameson's sign:

The letters for his name. I had to go to both Michael's to find all of the letters.


The first pattern and color option. Sorry I thought I had the flash on for this.



The color and patterns I ended up choosing that the hubs wasn't so sure about.

The letters covered.

His name with the little decorations.

Now all I need to do is mount his name on a piece of wood painted white and then have the hubs hang it in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment