Background

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Baby Room Pt. 3

My goodness! This past week between Valentine's Day, finishing the mural in Jameson's room, having our new carpet installed and my baby shower today, it's been non stop at our house. Friday, we had our new carpet installed in the three bedrooms and the poor hubs pretty much oversaw all of the moving and shifting of furniture and ripping out the old nasty carpet as I am pregnant and pretty much useless when it comes to heavy lifting. He took three days off of work to move furniture and rip up carpeting and spent all day Wednesday finishing the mural. Thankfully, we have some amazing parents who offered their support, time and backs. I came home Thursday to find our house in complete disarray. We slept on our couch along with our 2 dogs Thursday night. Let me just say that is not conducive to being 7 months pregnant but we survived.

The carpet guy was here at 8:30 Friday morning and gone by 10:30. He was amazingly fast and I love the new carpet. It's so soft and clean! Once the carpet was installed it was back to moving the furniture back into rooms and setting up Jameson's room (because my baby shower was today) which I was so excited for! Those guys worked for hours moving and lifting ALL of our furniture and the moms came too. They helped move boxes and then my mom stayed till about 7:00 cleaning the house for the baby shower. I finally fell into bed at 10:30 after scrubbing the kitchen floor and running the steam mop.

I love Jameson's room. The murals came out so cute and with the furniture and new carpet it looks like a real room finally! We have a few finishing touches to add in terms of decorations. I want to add shelves on the wall so I can put his books up there, along with his name sign and the owl clock my brother got for him. We need to touch up the baseboards since the paint got mangled during the carpet installation and we also need to buy a window shade but as far as big things go...his room is done!

The main tree done!

Our little family plus a ladybug.


The growing tree.


The cardinal.



Jameson's room from the door.



His crib.


His super sweet swing that was a baby shower present from the hubs' grandparents.

The dresser with the ladybug that doubles as a night light with the stars projected onto the ceiling.

Because daddy rides. =)

The changing table. Now there are baskets on the bottom 2 shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment