Background

Friday, December 10, 2010

makin' a list

As it is that time of year...I'm having the hardest time coming up with things I want for Christmas. How sad...this must be what it's like when you're a full-fledged adult. Yes? No?

As I'm surrounded by 26 six and seven year olds five days a week and being that it is Christmas according to them, I find myself thinking about my wish list. I made my kiddos write their letters to Santa, and surprisingly, they actually listened for this assignment. I explained that when we write a letter, we're actually having a conversation with someone. So, no, they could not just write a list of things they wanted but they needed to "talk" to Santa about what they wanted and why, and maybe even throw a question or two in there for him. Nonetheless, they managed to get in a few of their high-ticket items. And this brings me back to my point. Ask any kid what they want for Christmas, and no matter what time of the year it is, they can spout off about a million things. Whereas, I the 25 year old that I am can't think of more than two or three things that I would like to have under my tree this year. Now my husband has been gleefully letting me know for the past month that he knows what he's getting me for Christmas and I have no idea what those things would be. Believe me, I've racked my brain... many times but to no avail I come up empty handed. And surprisingly my husband has a list a mile long...well maybe not a mile long but he NEVER has a list...EVER! So, shopping for him has been relatively easy this year.
This is the only thing that I really, REALLY want.


Yes, I know they're Uggs and I yes, I know I live in Southern Arizona but nonetheless, I have always wanted a pair of Uggs. Not so I can wear them with cut-off shorts ala all the celebrities but so I can just wear them over my skinny jeans or just because my feet are always cold. This is the exact pair I want in this color as well...chestnut. Is anyone else picking up on the *hint, hint.

Guess we'll have to see if I've been a good girl or not this year. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment