Background

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

make over

No, this isn't a post about me making myself over, although I have had the urge to dye my hair chocolaty brown for a few weeks now and cut it off in a new cute do but they say this urge strikes in pregnancy and to ignore it until you turn into your sane self again. No, this post is about the make over to my 2nd classroom which really was just my junk room and is now going to be turned into Jameson's room.

We've been in this house for I think 2.5-3 years now and my room slowly became a landmine. It was fine and manageable until I was finally evicted from my parent's house and all the junk that was in my room there was put into boxes and brought to this house. Then the weekend we got married we hosted a family BBQ and Robert and his mom and brother David cleaned the house and put all of the junk into the closet and somehow more junk just accumulated. There was literally a path from the door of the room to my computer. No room to move around. Nonetheless, with baby Jameson on the way it was time to get it together and cleaned. And I've been having insane moments where I just need to clean. So cleaning out his room seemed fitting since I've got 2 weeks off of school and I've been needing to get it done. I imagined stretching it out over the 2 weeks, doing a little here and a little there but no..this insane pregnant person has taken over my body and the room was cleaned out in 6 hours. The process made the room look like a hoarder's fantasy.

Now when I'm cleaning or organizing I usually will debate over every item deciding if it REALLY needs to go or if I could somehow use it again...well not this time. If I hadn't touched it in the time I've been in this house it was gone. I have 7 boxes of books that I need to take to Bookman's. I found all of my college papers and a pair of mittens I've been searching for for years. Three giant black Glad bags of trash later and two giant black Glad bags of donations the room is finally organized and cleaned. It's ready for me to move my junk out of and start painting and decorating, which I'm so excite to do. His room is going to be super cute! The only hold up is my hubby's man cave. It desperately needs to be cleaned out and organized...which may be my project next week. Wish me luck...

Here's the mess and madness that was Jameson's room.



This was the view from the door when you first came in.





Here's Lady wondering what mom is doing.





When I stopped to take a picture of the mess coming from the closet. It was literally packed up to the shelf inside. This was just the beginning of unloading that baby.






Here is the room after the 6 hours of madness. The pile on the chest needs to go to my classroom. Apollo says "Wow, I had no idea you could lay down in this room. We've had him for 2 years and this is the first time he's been able to lay down in here. Don't judge me.






Here's the closet now. The stuff on the right of the picture starting with the blue hamper is stuff we already have for Jameson...clothes and books. The pile in the middle with the gray cart and box needs to go to my classroom. And the pile on the left with the Pyrex box and beyond is stuff that needs to go out into our storage shed. The stuffed animals which can't be seen in this picture are getting bagged and donated.

No comments:

Post a Comment