Background

Monday, December 20, 2010

a baby story

So last week was incredibly insane with work so I didn't have the time I wanted to to sit down and write about our dr.'s appointment. So here it is.


Last Wednesday, we had our 21 week appt. plus the ultrasound to find out what our baby was/is..I guess. I had told my kiddos on Monday that they'd get to find out on Thursday morning what the baby was and they were so excited. All I could hear was "oooh, I hope it's a girl" from all of 1st grade ladies...the boys could care less. One of my girls even told me that she had baby girl and baby boys clothes at home that she could bring me. The parents that know about it kept telling me I hope your baby cooperates and is in the right position and honestly that thought had never crossed my mind. The baby had been so much more active lately that I just assumed it would be in the right position. Nevertheless, now that thought was ingrained in my mind.


Everyone had been asking me what I thought we were having and I really had no idea. At first, when we first found out we were pregnant I thought it was a girl just because I really want to have a little girl but as the weeks went by I thought it was probably a boy since Robert has 2 brothers, although I'm not entirely sure what the significance of that is. Anyway, so with no real thought behind my reasoning, I thought it was a boy.

So Tuesday night finally rolls around and I couldn't sleep because I was so excited/nervous/anxious. More than anything I just wanted to make sure that the baby was developing like it should and that it looked normal. I finally fell asleep after tossing and turning and then woke up at 12:30 with the feeling that "it's a boy". I had a dream and I don't remember it but I do remembering waking with that jolted feeling and then knowing we were having a boy. It's the only time throughout the pregnancy that I've had a strong inclination. Anyway, so my appt. was scheduled for 2:30 and lucky for me we were making gingerbread houses that afternoon so I didn't have to put a lot of thought into my afternoon of teaching. The bell finally rings and I'm chatting with two mommies about when they found out about their kiddos and I'm constantly checking my watch and then finally go, "Well, I've got to get to my appt." So I get to the dr.'s office and do my business and then go sit in the waiting room with the hubs, my parents and his mom. They call us back and get started.

It was the neatest thing seeing the baby on the screen. Within 10 minutes of laying there and seeing the heartbeat and it's little face and arms the lady was able to tell us we we're having a boy! Everyone was excited about it! But the little guy was content on laying in the same position the whole time!!! She finally got a picture of his boy parts for us but it wasn't as good as she would've liked. The only thing he moved were his arms and occasionally his legs but stayed in the same position the whole time. It was very weird seeing his face when he turned his head. He looks like an alien. =) We got a ton of pictures to take home and I already posted my favorite one of him...he's got the cutest little nose. But here are a few more for your viewing pleasure. =)



You can see his little arm resting on top of his face and his little leg is bent. We also were able to see his fingers. =) So precious!


This black spot that looks like his eye is actually the lens of the eye.

Another one with his arm on top of his face. The white parts on him are his bones and if you look by his elbow that weird looking L shape is his umbilical cord.
I just love this one!

1 comment:

  1. Such an AWESOME thing! Isn't it nice to be able to refer to him by name now (love the name you picked out by the way)? Makes everything a little more "real" and puts your mind at ease about how they're doing in there :)

    ReplyDelete