Background

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Told Him So


I have already posted about how troublesome our two dogs can be. If you think back you may recall the paint blog about how our two dogs decided to knock over a gallon of paint and play. Well, we've inherited some new furniture from my in-laws who are redecorating their house. They gave us their southwestern styled couch and so we (and when I say we I mean my husband) decided to move the old green couch that somehow came with the house or was given to us by someone, I forget, but nonetheless, move the old green couch out into our Arizona room. Now normally this would be fine as our Arizona room is enclosed but not when you own Lady and Apollo.

Lady we adopted from a shelter in Tombstone shortly after we moved in to our house. Sweet as can be, slightly mischievous at first (jumping 6 foot walls) but mellow. Then we got Apollo. He is all Boxer. Sweet and dopey looking but loves to rough house and chew things...bottles, couches, bones, shoes, you name it...he's slobbered on it. Now, Lady alone would be fine. She's content to sleep in just as her human companions, doesn't need much attention and will let you know when she wants some love. But combine her with Apollo and it's game over. The two of them together love to rough house and play as would any dog stuck together for the better part of the day but they simply equal trouble.

Now back to my Arizona room story. So Robert moved the old green couch out in the Arizona room so we could put our "new" couch in the family room. I would like to preface this by saying he did this on Sunday, January 9. After listening to him talk up how "it won't be that big of deal", and "I think the dogs will leave the couch alone". I reminded him that they don't leave anything alone and that when, not if, but when they destroy the couch I want it gone. Immediately! He swore and we even shook on this that the day they destroy the couch it would be moved out of the Arizona room and taken to the dump. Well my friends, let it be said that I TOLD HIM SO!


Today is Tuesday, January 11 and we had a baby appointment at 11:30. We both left work early and for some reason Robert had a feeling that he needed to come home. And yes my friends, when he came home he found that Apollo (at least that's who we suspect) had taken a couch cushion off of the couch, ripped off the cover and proceeded to chew the cushion. When I came home this is what I found...

No, the dogs were not sitting there like this...they were posed but if you delete them from this picture this is the mayhem that was my Arizona room.

As I previously mentioned my husband and I had made a deal let's just say the couch is still in the Arizona room but the mess has been cleaned up and the remaining cushions have been removed. Our new deal entails that that couch will be out of the Arizona and relocated to the dump on Saturday.

I was actually surprised that the couch lasted as long as it did in the Arizona room. I suppose the upside to this is the Arizona room finally got swept and my husband will NEVER be able to put anything remotely fluffy in the Arizona room again. I don't care what it is...NO WAY, NO HOW, NOT EVER AGAIN! And if he feels the need to say "But baby..."I'll happily point him to the computer and pull up my blog and remind him of the 2010 Paint Incident and the 2011 Couch Incident.



The cushion.

No comments:

Post a Comment