Background

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

baby school

So today we had our latest baby appointment and like all of the other appointments with the exception of the ultrasound it was pretty typical. Weight, blood pressure, heartbeat and measure my belly. But after our appointment we had our Labor and Delivery class. Can I just say that it freaks me out that it's only January and it's already time to start getting ready for Jameson's arrival.

The class was only about 45 minutes but we got an ear full of information about the things we need to get done. We need to pre-register at the hospital, take a tour of the maternity section, pick a pediatrician, and try to remember the tidbits of pre-term labor oh and decide if we're going to sign up for parenting classes. I feel like I just walked into my first class of the semester and went over the syllabus with the professor. It's slightly overwhelming. And me being the Type A nerd that I am I feel the need to get it all done and out of the way now. My husband however doesn't see the urgency of these matters. In fact he probably thinks I'm nuts. Which could very well be true as we have learned recently that I should not watch Dr. Phil on Oprah's OWN network when I'm pregnant. Not because I cry but because I spout off ridiculous statistics that Dr. Phil shares on his show and as of late the reruns have been about infidelity and crazy wives and husbands. But I digress.


Anyway I don't even remember half of what the nurse lady said...good thing I've got packets to read and study thoroughly. I am excited though that Jameson will get to stay in the room with us while we're at the hospital. We did learn that the maternity section is pretty much like lock down. Nobody in or out without someone knowing and they apparently low-jack the babies. They have to wear an alarm system on their ankle. Nothing like being put on house arrest within hours of entering the world. I had no idea there was this much work to getting ready to have a kid.



Here we are at 24 weeks and 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment