Background

Saturday, January 22, 2011

baby bumps

My baby countdown says I have 95 days left of being pregnant. To be honest I really haven't enjoyed it all that much. That may make me a bad person for saying it out loud but it's true. The only enjoyed seeing Jameson on his ultrasound and feeling him move although it's very weird to see my actual belly move now that he's big enough. But the weight gain, larger wardrobe, feeling like a freaking house, back aches, being ravenously hungry but getting full so quick, and the emotional roller coaster I could do without...especially the emotional roller coaster. This weekend I've been super bummed but I'm not entirely sure it's related to pregnancy. My poor hubs...he picks up on my bummed outness whenever it happens and he does whatever he can to make me feel better but our mini date night did the trick tonight. Guess I was just feeling needy.


There's not really a whole lot to report on. Our baby room is at a stand still right now. As soon as the hubs has time he'll start working on the murals. But the carpet situation is a no go for the time being. I found the carpet I really like and want in our 3 bedrooms and we even had someone come out to take measurements but unfortunately the estimate is $2,000 and that's just a bit out of our price range especially since we still need practically everything for Jameson. So maybe with our tax return we can afford a less expensive carpet option but I'd rather have the necessities for baby. I did find a super cute night light to go in his room on Etsy (I'm in love with that website mostly because they have a ton of owl decor that would fit very nicely in Jameson's room).
Here it is lit up with the flash of my camera on.

Here it is without the flash of my camera on.

In other baby news next Saturday we're getting a 3-D ultrasound done in Tucson and I'm super excited for that. We'll actually get to see what his face looks like (hopefully, if he cooperates) and with the package we chose we'll get a ton of pictures and a DVD as well as website subscription. We're also going to buy his stroller/car seat which for some reason makes me extremely happy. He's also moving a ton...it feels like all day every day which is really neat. Robert feels him now and I love seeing the look on his face and the little giggle he does every time. I think it makes it more real for him.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't enjoy it much at all either...except for the movement and ultrasound part, so you're not alone. :) Don't stress about stuff for him until after your baby shower, you'll be surprised how many things you get. After it was over, we didn't haven't too buy too much and that was amazing!

    ReplyDelete