Background

Saturday, July 2, 2011

greats and a baptisism

We've had a lot going on this past week. Last Sunday, June 26 we had Jameson baptized. That's right no more pagan baby for us. It was a special event and all of three of his uncles came into town as well as his great-grandparents. Jameson is a lot of firsts for a lot of people. He is our first baby. Our parents first grandbaby. Our brothers first nephew. And the hubby's grandparents first great-grandbaby. Needless to say this baby is going to be very loved (and spoiled) for the rest of his life. We asked family friends to be his god parents and had him baptized in our church, where both the hubs and I were confirmed and married and hopefully where baby J does all of his church firsts as well.




It was a beautiful day. On the drive over to the church the hubs asked me if I thought this was a special moment and I answered with, "No...I think it's more special for our parents and your grandparents". My thinking on the drive over was this is just what you do as a Catholic. If you get married in the church and have babies then you get them baptized. Well, I was wrong it was special and it didn't hit me until the moment the water was poured over him. This is a special moment. This moment starts his spiritual journey through life. And it is an awesome experience. My dad, who is one year away from becoming a Deacon in our church, participated in the ceremony. He did the readings and was also able to hold baby J while Fr. Greg poured the water over his head. You could see the pride in his eyes and the excitement on his face. That was also a special moment for me. And I know it was for my dad as well. Baby J also had the privilege of wearing the same garments that his dad and grandpa wore when they were baptized.




Between all the people who were there to celebrate with us we have probably 1,000 pictures--half of which are probably ridiculous, out of focus and caught us mid-statement or thought. Here are a few of the day as well as a few of baby J meeting his great-grandparents for the first time.










My dad holding baby J.

















4 Generations







Great-Grandma holding baby J for the first time.
















Great-Grandpa holding baby J for the first time.


You can't live in the west without a gun picture.





4 Generations again.






I just love this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment