Background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

2 months



So it has been two months since this beautiful creature came into our worlds. And it's amazing how much he grows and changes...every day. He's definitely chubbed out and grown longer. In fact last night I had to go through his dresser and change out his clothes. Bye bye newborn sizes and most of his 0-3 months as he's a little too long for most especially his Gerber onesies. Hello size 3 and 3-6 months...except for shorts and pants...he can still wear 0-3 since he doesn't quite have the signature thunder thighs of most babies.


Baby J had his well baby checkup on the 1st of June which put him at about a month and a half and he was 9 pounds and 10 ounces and was 22.5 inches long. He's really put on some weight...at the beginning of May (when I had my 1st full blown mommy meltdown and took him in to see his Dr.) he weighed 7 pounds and 9 ounces. He's also meeting his milestones. He's starting to "talk" more and more every day which is really just cooing. He's able to hold his head up longer and longer every day. He still hates tummy time but whatcha' gonna do? He's also smiling (although we have a hard time getting them on camera) and I swear he giggles. My mom said she got a smile and a laugh out of him last Wednesday when she took him out of his carseat after his walk with my dad. His personality develops more and more every day. I swear he'll be a nerd like his mommy. He's always looking around and thinking. He even furrows his brow in his sleep. And he's obsessed with ceiling fans and lights...they're his best friends. He's also averaging about 6 hours of sleep most nights and we've even had 4 nights in the past week where he was out for 7 straight. Which is much better than the recommended 5 hours which according to most baby books is considered sleeping through the night. I don't know how these people measure their nights but that is most definitely NOT sleeping through the night in MY book. But nonetheless we're hanging in there.



The elusive smile.



I know this is wrong but I love his little pouty face right before he cries and instead of comforting him this time I reached for the camera...don't judge me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for your family! He is a cutie! And don't feel bad about taking a pic of his pouty face; John and I did the same with Maegan! We called it her Pug Mug, and though it is so pathetically sad to see, it's also so cute and we had to try to get a picture too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea :) two months! I cant believe it has already been 2 months!!! he is a cutie for sure. Cant wait to meet this little muffin! love ya lady!

    ReplyDelete