Background

Monday, May 23, 2011

this could really be a good life

In light of the way my day started off bright and early at 6 am fighting with the hubs after having slept on the couch because our baby was having a disagreement with his bassinet and would only sleep in his swing, I did some soul searching this morning and decided that despite having a grumpy baby lately and being completely and utterly frustrated and exhausted life is actually pretty good. I also decided to make a list of things that make this a good life so when I hit the bumps in the road I can refer back and realize that, "Yes, this too shall pass" as my mom likes to say.



--finding a song that fits my mood or situation or circumstance

--dancing with Jameson and introducing him to my old favorite and new favorite songs

--going to church and finding a piece of the homily that speaks to me

--laughing in bed with the hubs at midnight

--finding a really good pair of shoes

--talking to an old friend and picking up right where we left off

--the end of a school year

--watching Jameson's face when he sleeps and how it goes from a frown and wobbly chin to a smile two seconds later

--going for a long drive to clear my head

--reaching for the hubs' hand when we get out of the car and knowing that his is reaching for mine as well

--watching high schooler's and remembering an easier time

--summer time

--the beginning of a school year, I have a thing for pencils right out of the box, crayons that haven't been colored to a nub, notebooks with clean paper and a disinfected classroom

--visiting family

--eating a juicy watermelon and having the juice run down my chin (reminds of summer with my cousins in New York)

--a long shower after a hard day

--hearing the hubs' bike come down the street after work

--having Jameson fall asleep on me

--a hug from my dad

--my mom's comforting words and encouragement

--knowing my in-laws are a phone call away

--getting lost in a good book

--puppies

--flirting with the hubs

--going through the car wash

--and staring at these faces whenever I feel like...




No comments:

Post a Comment